In this class, you will learn how to prepare for breastfeeding including: benefits of breastfeeding for mom and baby, how breast milk differs from formula, latching on, building an adequate milk supply, breast and nipple care while breastfeeding, normal newborn behavior at the breast, how to know when baby is getting enough, when to seek help, how to choose a breast pump and California law and breastfeeding. Class is held on scheduled Tuesdays below at 6:30 p.m. in the Support Services Building in the 2nd Floor Great Room at Hazel Hawkins Hospital, 911 Sunset Drive, Hollister.
- Taught by an RN that is also an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- Class is one evening.
- Cost is $15
- Includes "Better Breastfeeding" booklet
- Bring check or cash payment to class.
- Credit card payments can be processed at the front desk in the main lobby.
- Water and light snacks will be provided.
For more information, call Lisa Robinson at (831) 245-7893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 18
- April 22
- May 27
- July 1
- August 5
- September 16
- October 21
- November 25