Learn about childbirth topics in a fun, comfortable and respectful class environment is the goal of the Childbirth Education Program at Hazel Hawkins Hospital. Dates listed are the first day of each session. Each session includes 4 classes. All classes begin at 6:30 p.m. and are held in the Support Services Building, 2nd Floor Great Room at Hazel Hawkins Hospital.
As expectant parents you will be introduced to the warning signs of preterm labor, onset and stages of true labor, pain theories and comfort measures. You will also learn breathing and relaxation techniques to assist you during the labor process. Possible medical interventions such as induction, pain medications, epidural and caesarean section will be presented.
Newborn appearance, standard newborn procedures following birth, cord blood banking and car seat installation are part of this comprehensive course that will help you feel more confident as you approach the special day when you bring your precious child into this world.
- Taught by Registered Nurses
- Each session is 4 consecutive weeks
- Cost is $60 for the 4-week session
- Includes tour of Maternal/Child Unit
- Register with your doctor or by calling instructor during your 2nd trimester to start classes between your 28th and 32nd week of pregnancy.
- Bring check or cash payment to your first night of class. Credit card payments can be processed at the front desk.
- Moms can bring a pillow if needed for sitting comfort.
- Wear comfortable pants that allow freedom of movement.
- Water and light snacks will be provided.
For further information contact: Lisa Robinson at (831)245-7893 or [email protected]
Calendario de Clases de 2014 Las clases son continuadas. Por favor confirme con Armida Bribiescas in la Clinica Mabie para fechas disponibles. No podemos aceptar niños durante la clase. Por favor haga preparativos para el cuidado de sus niños. Llame a Armida Bribiescas at (831) 636-3277.