The ONE-LIFE: Suicide Intervention Skills Training is a training module developed by Suicide Prevention Service of the Central Coast (SPS). By combining aspects of evidence-based suicide prevention and intervention practices, the ONE-LIFE training teaches first responders and community service providers skills to assist in identifying and responding to individuals experiencing a suicidal crisis, effective communication and listening skills, and knowledge about local resources, including SPS’ tri-county, 24-HR, free, multilingual suicide crisis line.
In the ONE-LIFE training, participants will learn how to:
- Build awareness of the prevalence of suicide worldwide, nationally and locally
- Recognize and combat the influence of stigma and myths in regards to suicide
- Recognize the different factors and warning signs involved in suicide deaths
- Engage: How to begin the conversation with someone at-risk
- Use active listening skills
- Learn to ask about suicidality
- Conduct a risk assessment
- De-escalate and Create a Safety Plan
- Find support and debrief
The training will conclude with a brief question and answer segment.
Participants must remain for the entire training (2 hours total):
Cost of Training: FREE
Facilitator: Rosalina Valdez, Suicide Prevention Service of the Central Coast
Space is limited, Registration is required
For Registration form email: [email protected]
Call 831-459-9373 for more information.
Special thanks to San Benito County Behavioral Health for making this training possible.