The Poppy Jasper International Film Festival will be taking place virtually in just a few weeks, Thursday, April 7 – Tuesday, April 20, and we hope that you will join us for the festival, as well as include information and preview the festival for your audience.
The complete PFIFF schedule includes features from across the globe including Austria’s Return of the Thumb (Die Rückkehr des Daumens) from director Flo Convey, Iran’s One Night in Tehran from director Farhad Najafi, and Germany’s Brian Auger - Life on Tour from director Michael Maschke. The international shorts program will include Rena Dumont’s Hapless Hans (Germany), Florence Bouvy’s Till the End of the World (Netherlands), Jhosimar Vasquez’s The Scorpion's Tale (USA), and Garth Jennings’s Madame (UK).
Additionally there are a variety of theme days throughout the festival including:
- Student Day featuring student films from across the world will take place on Wednesday, April 7
- Local Day with films from local area filmmakers will take place on Thursday, April 8
- China Day celebrating the film industry in China with films and panels will take place on Saturday, April 10
- Mexico Day highlighting the Mexican film industry will take place on Sunday, April 11
- Community Achievement Awards on Tuesday, April 20