Information session Round two Small Business disaster Relief grant:
- (English session) Feb 4, 2021 at 10:00 AM
- Webinar ID: 978 2813 3921
- Password: 606813
- (Spanish Session) Feb 4, 2021 3:00 PM
- Webinar ID: 949 6343 4485
- Password: 792930
- (English session) Feb 4, 2021 at 6:00 PM
- Webinar ID: 986 4187 1247
- Password: 290228
The San Benito County Board of Supervisors authorized the opening of a second round of small business grants through Federal CARES Act funding. The purpose of this grant is to help businesses directly impacted by the recent Stay-At-Home Order and other current COVID-19 restrictions.restrictions.
The San Benito County Board of Supervisors authorized $750,000 in total for this new Small Business Grant program. Increments between $5,000 and $15,000 will be prioritized by most impacted by the pandemic.
- Business must have closed or significantly modified operations due to California's Regional Stay at Home Order from December 6, 2020, or other current restrictions.
- Significantly modified operations include business requirements for take-out, curbside, and outdoor only, as well as other modifications contained in state COVID-19 Guidance.
To be eligible applicants must operate within the County limits of San Benito. All taxes must be current and in good standing, with no outstanding tax liens or legal judgments. Businesses must comply with local and State industry guidance to reduce risk (https://covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/) and laws, including all "Public Health Orders" as defined by San Benito County Ordinance 1017. Applicants must verify the business has experienced a loss of revenue due to COVID-19.
Eligibility requirements, webinar information and other program details will be published on our dedicated Small Business Grant page.
"This grant program comes at a particularly crucial time for local businesses that have sacrificed for the greater good due to the recent state order and ongoing restrictions. Our goal was to make the application process as simple and fair as possible, and I strongly encourage all eligible businesses to apply." – Supervisor Kollin Kosmicki, District 2
- February 4, 2021 - Grant is launched with webinar hosted by the Ad Hoc Committee and staff.
- February 5, 2021 - Applications accepted
- February 21, 2021 – Application window closes
- February 22 – March 5, 2021 – Committee review
- March 8-12 – Notifications to recipients
- March 29 – April 2, 2021 – Award funding to recipients