This article was contributed by COG.
The Council of San Benito County Governments (COG) is now accepting applications for the Measure G Citizens Oversight Committee. Applications are due April 30.
Measure G is the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan (Transportation Ordinance and Expenditure Plan) approved by San Benito County voters on November 6, 2018. The measure is a one cent local transactions and use tax to be collected for 30 years to improve local streets and roads, improve connectivity, and reduce congestion.
This money is administered by COG and pays for specific voter-approved transportation projects, including State Route 25, local road maintenance and regional projects, bicycle and pedestrian improvements, and transit projects specified in the plan.
Measure G calls for an independent Citizens Oversight Committee to oversee compliance with the transportation ordinance, as specified in the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan. The responsibilities of the 11-member Measure G Citizens Oversight Committee are to:
- Ensure all transportation revenue collected from Measure G is spent in accordance with the Measure G Transportation Safety and Investment Plan (Ordinance and Expenditure Plan)
- Have full access to COG’s independent auditor and review the annual audits, have the authority to request and review the specific financial information
- Provide input on the audit to assure the funds are being expended in accordance with the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan
- Review and make recommendations on any proposed changes to the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan
- Review and comment on the project delivery schedules and make recommendations to COG on any proposals for changing project delivery priorities
- Prepare annual reports regarding the administration of the program, to be presented to the COG Board of Directors and posted to the Council of San Benito County Governments website
More information can be found online at www.sanbenitocog.org.
Become a Member Today
Support your local independent news.
We work hard to give you the news and information you need. By becoming a member, you will be part of something bigger; BenitoLink, your community-supported news source.
Add Facebook comment
Comment using your Facebook account. Facebook comments will be published on this page, and on Facebook. It will not be posted to the "Recent Comments" list on the BenitoLink front page.