The Hollister Independence Rally will return to Hollister June 30 to July 2. Here are a few important times and dates related to the rally:
- June 28, after the close of the Farmers' Market, parts of the official rally area will begin construction/placement. These areas will be some of the downtown parking lots (equipment) and the grass area of the 400 block of San Benito.
- June 28, at midnight: Fifth Street, Sixth Street and Seventh Street between East Street and Monterey Street will be closed completely for rally vendor load-in.'
- June 29 at 10 p.m.: San Benito Street between South and Fourth streets will be closed for rally set-up and traffic control devices load-in (all vehicles on San Benito Street must be removed prior to 10 p.m.).
- June 30 at 9 a.m.: The rally opens and San Benito Street is open to motorcycles only. San Benito Street will be closed at 9 p.m. All motorcycles must be moved off of San Benito Street by 1 a.m.
- July 1 at 9 a.m.: The rally opens and San Benito Street is open to motorcycles only. San Benito Street is closed at 9 p.m.. All motorcycles must be moved off of San Benito Street by 1 a.m.
- July 2, at 9 a.m.: The rally opens and San Benito Street is open to motorcycles only. San Benito Street must be cleared of all motorcycles by 5 p.m.. Legal curb parking of motorcycles is permitted after 5 p.m. San Benito Street is open to all traffic at 6 p.m.
For Hollister Independence Rally information, the Hollister Police Department has set up a text service for rally related announcements. Text the word HOLLISTER to 888777 to receive custom rally alerts and information on your smartphone or device.
Become a Member Today
Support your local independent news.
We work hard to give you the news and information you need. By becoming a member, you will be part of something bigger; BenitoLink, your community-supported news source.
Add Facebook comment
Comment using your Facebook account. Facebook comments will be published on this page, and on Facebook. It will not be posted to the "Recent Comments" list on the BenitoLink front page.