Information provided by United Way and Community Foundation for San Benito County.
Three San Benito County organizations are set to host an upcoming workshop on lobbying and advocacy for other regional nonprofits.
The United Way of San Benito County, First 5 and the Community Foundation for San Benito County (CFFSBC) are expected to host a free "Lobbying and Advocacy 101 and Nonpartisan Advocacy in Partisan Times" workshop for local nonprofits on Feb. 12 from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m at the Kinship Center Conference Room, located on 124 River Road in Salinas.
According to a recent press release, the workshop will be conducted by Bolder Advocacy and is expected to cover ways nonprofits can can still engage in public policy activism, as well as the federal tax law rules about nonpartisan activities for 501(c)(3) organizations. The training is expected to also address:
- How the tax law permits lobbying for nonprofits
- One easy step most charities can take to maximize the amount they’re allowed to spend on lobbying
- Yearly lobbying limits for charities
- Tips for understanding the narrow definitions of lobbying – which will help charities make the most of their lobbying limit
- The application of these rules to ballot measure activities
- Advocate for your organization and your community in a nonpartisan way
- Wisely engage your community in voter registration and get-out-the-vote efforts
- Safely educate the public about the candidates and the issues at stake
- Weigh the risk factors when creating and sharing public policy communications, especially social media
To register for the workshop click here.
Become a Member Today
Support your local independent news.
We work hard to give you the news and information you need. By becoming a member, you will be part of something bigger; BenitoLink, your community-supported news source.
Add Facebook comment
Comment using your Facebook account. Facebook comments will be published on this page, and on Facebook. It will not be posted to the "Recent Comments" list on the BenitoLink front page.