The Women’s Club of Hollister is a nonprofit organization and is a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. It annually supports the community through financial contributions to various charitable organizations, in addition to supporting the Scholarship Awards Program. The scholarship awards are intended to recognize graduating female seniors who reside in San Benito County and have excelled academically and have been actively involved in both student and community service activities.
At the recently-held Women's Club luncheon/meeting at San Juan Oaks, the recipients and their parents were introduced to the membership.
The Women’s Club of Hollister is proud to announce the following as recipients of the Scholarship Awards for 2017:
- Lauren Klauer, from San Benito High School, plans to attend Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and major in political science.
- Samantha Martinez, from San Benito High, plans to attend University of California, Berkeley and major in engineering.
- Santana Maria Rodriguez, from San Benito High, plans to attend University of California at Los Angeles and major in medicine.
- Carla Vazquez, from San Benito High, plans to attend University of California, Berkeley and major in journalism.
- Elleni Velasquez, from Anzar High School, plans to attend University of California at Los Angeles and major in business.
Add Facebook comment
Comment using your Facebook account. Facebook comments will be published on this page, and on Facebook. It will not be posted to the "Recent Comments" list on the BenitoLink front page.