Rosalee Jane (Thompson) Pfalzgraf passed away at her Hollister residence on Dec. 29, at the age of 91.
· San Benito County Assessor’s Office Manager after 33 years of service
· Mansfield Roofing
· Hollister Furniture Store
· Waldinger & Winter, Attorneys, Des Moines IA
· Sacred Heart Church
· Italian Catholic Federation Santa Barbara Branch 26 of Hollister
· San Benito County Historical Society
· Native Daughters of the Golden West
· San Juan Bautista Parlor #179
· American Legion Auxiliary Prunedale #593
· Past Presidents District 28 – American Legion Auxiliary
· 8 & 40 El Camino Real, Salinas
· Republican Womén’s Club
· President, Chaplain, and Americanism Chairman of American Legion Auxiliary Prunedale #593 and President to District 28. Also served on Flag Alliance Committee Auxiliary, Department of California.
· In 1992, American Legion Post 69, Hollister, presented plaque to Rosalee for three decades of service to community, State and National levels in American Legion and Veteran-sponsored affairs.
· Officer for 8 & 40 El Camino Real, Salinas, and served on Departmental Convention Committee for State President Lucy Foster.
· Conductress, Chaplain, and longtime Secretary for Auxiliary VFW 9242, Hollister.
· First woman President of San Benito County Employees’ Association.
· Served on Chamber of Commerce Tree Committee
· Americanism Chairman for Republican Women.
· Born April 10, 1926 in Hollister CA; graduated from Hollister High School.
· Enjoyed swimming, playing piano and organ, took pride in her rose garden; did oil paintings and wood carving panels creating her own designs of grapes and floral designs; crocheted afghans and tablecloths; and quilted her grandmother’s quilt tops into blankets.
· Enjoyed the outdoors and working at family’s long-time owned Gabilan ranch overlooking Salinas Valley and Monterey Bay.
· World traveler: China, Russia, many countries in Europe, Tahiti, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Egypt, New Zealand, Australia, Tasmania, and the United States.
Survived by son Gerald L. Pfalzgraf and daughter-in-law Diane of Colorado Springs CO; granddaughters Jeri René Cornwell of Midwest City OK and Suzan Maria Kolb of Bothell WA; five great grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren; sister Ruth Hoag of Salinas CA; brothers-in-law Bill Fellom and Alfred Azevedo of Hollister CA; niece Ann Marie Azevedo of Hollister CA; nephews Gregory Walters of Salinas CA and Del Monte Walters of Redding CA; and many great nieces and nephews. Predeceased by father Osborne Thompson, mother Mabel Peckham Thompson, husband Albert W. Pfalzgraf, sisters Myrtis Fellom and Hazel Azevedo.
Services are tentative – awaiting church approal.
Visitation will be held on Thursday, January 4th, from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm (No Rosary) at Grunnagle-Ament-Nelson Funeral Home.
On Friday, January 5th, family and friends will meet at Sacred Heart Church at 11:00 am for a Mass of the Resurrection. Interment will follow at Calvary Cemeter