County Supervisor Mark Medina is looking to appoint a constituent from his district to sit on the San Benito County Parks and Recreation Commission. Persons interested in serving as a commissioner should have a keen interest in advancing ideas and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors that will improve existing facilities, interact with the public about new county parks and work with fellow commissioners to expand recreation program opportunities throughout San Benito County.
The purpose of the Commission is to make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors concerning the following for all current and future parks, excepting the Veterans' Memorial Park:
- Use of existing county park facilities including the development of park improvements to facilities.
- Need for future park facilities and their location(s).
- Development of recreational activities and programs at county park facilities.
- Use of federal, state and local funds for parks and recreation facilities and activities.
- Joint use of park facilities with other agencies.
- Coordination with federal, state and local parks and recreation agencies to enhance the use of park facilities throughout the county.
- Other issues as deemed appropriate by a majority vote of the Board of Supervisors.
All members of the commission serve without compensation and meetings are convened at least once each quarter.
If you are interested in serving on the San Benito County Parks and Recreation Commission and live within supervisorial District 1 are encouraged to contact Supervisor Mark Medina at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit County Clerk Chase Graves to pick up an application:
County Administration Building
481 4th St, First Floor
Hollister, CA 95023
Map of District 1: http://arcg.is/2lM7M43
Add Facebook comment
Comment using your Facebook account. Facebook comments will be published on this page, and on Facebook. It will not be posted to the "Recent Comments" list on the BenitoLink front page.