This article was contributed by Jim Burns, communications manager with the American Red Cross of the Central Coast.
The Board of Directors of the American Red Cross of the Central Coast has approved a new officer for the 2019-20 year. The board also begins the new fiscal year, which began July 1, with four new members who were voted on in recent months.
The new officer, Cherie Robideaux, will serve as Board Secretary. Serving the Red Cross board that represents Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties, the new and returning 2019-20 officers are:
- Rayvon Williams, Chair; Watsonville Municipal Airport
- Dane Lobb, Vice Chair; PG&E
- Cherie Robideaux, Secretary; Woodworm Party Store
- Rick Martinez, Advisory Board Chair; Santa Cruz Police Department
- Lee Hedgepeth, Community Engagement Chair; Attorney (retired)
The four recently elected board members are:
- Anita Clerisse, Granite Construction
- Bill Cox, US Foods
- Laura Fullem-Chavis, Virtuosity Health Care Consulting
- Kimberly Osborne, Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center
“As we begin the 2019-20 year, we are excited by the quality of the leadership and membership of our local Red Cross board,” said Michele Averill, CEO of the American Red Cross of Central Coast. “Our Board of Directors is critical to the work our Chapter does for the residents of Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties.”
About the American Red Cross of the Central Coast: The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. The American Red Cross of the Central Coast serves the residents of Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties. For more information, visit our website at redcross.org/centralcoast or call us at 831-624-6921. You may also find us on Facebook and Twitter.