The Board of Directors of the American Red Cross of the Central Coast has voted to add five new members to the board. The new members were officially sworn in at the board's annual meeting on Aug. 15.
The 2017-18 year is the first with the Red Cross' Central Coast Chapter operating with just a single Board of Directors. Prior to this year, the chapter was governed by two Boards of Directors: one for Monterey and San Benito counties and one for Santa Cruz County.
The newly elected officers serving Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties are:
- Chair: Brian Dempsey, Seaside Fire Department
- Vice Chair: Rayvon Williams, Watsonville Municipal Airport
- Secretary: Lee Hedgepeth, Retired Attorney
- Board Development/ Philanthropy: Dane Lobb, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Board Development/ Philanthropy: Richard Martinez, Santa Cruz Police Department
- Board Development/ Philanthropy: Michael Termini, Triad Electric & City of Capitola Councilman
The newly elected board members are:
- Pablo Barreto, Watsonville Fire Department
- Ron Botoff, Granite Construction
- Robin Ray, Capital Insurance Group
- Thomas Sims, Watsonville Police Department
- Antonio Virrueta, Army Ranger (retired)
“The Red Cross is very fortunate to have these new members join our newly consolidated Board of Directors,” said Michele Averill, CEO of the American Red Cross of Central Coast. “Their vast experience will help guide the work our Chapter does in support of the residents of Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties.”
Here is a complete list of the American Red Cross of the Central Coast Board of Directors:
About the American Red Cross of the Central Coast
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. The American Red Cross of the Central Coast serves the residents of Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties. For more information, visit our website at redcross.org/centralcoast or call us at 831-624-6921. You may also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #