The Hollister-Gilroy Area office of the California Highway Patrol is coming to the Hollister Senior Center on May 17 to offer a free traffic safety class aimed at senior drivers.
The presentation lasts approximately three hours and is designed to help senior drivers:
- Tune up their driving skills
- Refresh their knowledge of the rules of the road
- Learn about normal age-related physical changes and how to adjust to these changes
- Become better, safer and more alert drivers
- Discuss when it may be time to limit or stop driving
- Understand alternatives to driving
The presentation will be on Wednesday, May 17 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Hollister Senior Center, 300 West St. in Hollister.
If you are interested in participating, please stop by the Hollister Senior Center and sign up or call the Hollister-Gilroy Area CHP office at (408) 848-2324.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.