The San Benito County Workforce Development Board (WDB) has launched a Rapid Response and Lay-Off Aversion program. The WDB, County staff, contractors and supporters are in the process of conducting extensive outreach to the business community in order to identify those companies that may be at risk of significant workforce reductions and layoffs, and to provide information to businesses regarding resources and tools available to assist them in maintaining and strengthening and growing their employee bases. Companies that are at risk will receive counseling and resources to avoid layoffs or closure.
“At Your Service” Business Owner/Manager Survey
All businesses in San Benito County are encouraged to participate in an “At Your Service” survey to assist in improving access to resources and programs for local businesses, to identify immediate solutions to help business owners and managers as well as to improve and enhance services. Surveys are available in English and Spanish and may be accessed online via businessinsanbenito.com or conducted in person, on site by contacting Kristina at 831-524-0408 or [email protected].
Complimentary 'Ask the Experts' Business Resource Fair 7:30-1- a.m. Wednesday, June 15 at Paine's Restaurant, Downtown Hollister- Register Today!
The San Benito County Workforce Development Board invites local business owners, managers and prospects to a complimentary, comprehensive business resource event to be hosted Wednesday, June 15 from 7:30-10 a.m. at Paines Restaurant, 421 East St. in downtown Hollister. The “Ask the Experts” resource event will provide information on a diverse array of resources available to businesses. Information resource tables with business resource experts will be open throughout the event. A brief introduction program will begin at 8 a.m.. Light refreshments will be served. The “Ask the Experts” resource event will provide information on a diverse array of resources available to businesses by connecting them with experts in the fields including:
- business planning and management
- finance/insurance/taxation/loans/capital access
- marketing & social media
- doing business with government agencies
- sustainability/green business certification
- energy, water and waste reduction and recycling
- workforce assessment and training
- customer service and MORE!
Resource table hosts include:
- California Employment Training Panel (ETP)- employee assessment and training
- America’s Jobs Center- staffing, training, employee assessment & training, labor issues & market information
- Employment Development Department (EDD)- layoff aversion, work experience, rapid response programs
- Fresno Community Development Financial Institution – loan programs
- Gavilan College- Community Education, Contract Training & Business Resources
- AMBAG Energy Watch- energy reduction
- City of Hollister- business licensing, permits
- San Benito County Water Resources Agency- water conservation and landscaping
- San Benito County Integrated Waste Department- waste management & recycling
- Monterey Bay Green Business Program- certification, resource reduction
- Monterey Bay Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)- workforce development & internships
- CSUMB Small Business Development Corporation- comprehensive business planning, launch and management support
- Monterey Bay International Trade Association- import/export
- Hollister Downtown Association, San Benito County Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, Economic & Development Corporation of San Benito County and San Benito County Business Council – business to business services
- Recology- commercial recycling
- More to come!
For more information about the event and to take our "At Your Service" business survey, see businessinsanbenito.com