The San Benito County Workforce Development Board (WDB) is working to improve access to resources and programs available to the business communities located in San Benito County and its primary cities of Hollister and San Juan Bautista, and to identify businesses that may be at risk and in need of support services and immediate solutions, in order to retain and expand businesses within San Benito County.
To accomplish this task, the WDB is conducting a business outreach and engagement program to help sustain and grow businesses in San Benito County. They have launched an “At Your Service” business survey and are hosting an “Ask the Experts” business resource event this Wednesday morning, June 15, in downtown Hollister. Further information, online surveys (in English and Spanish) and event registration are online at www.businessinsanbenito.com.
“Ask the Experts” Business Resource Event This Wednesday Morning at Paines
The San Benito County Workforce Development Board invites local business owners, managers and prospects to a complimentary, comprehensive business resource event to be hosted Wednesday, June 15 from 7:30-10 a.m.at Paines Restaurant, 421 East St. in downtown Hollister. The “Ask the Experts” resource event will provide information on a diverse array of resources available to businesses. Information resource tables with more than 20 business resource experts will be open during the event. A brief introduction program will begin at 8 a.m. Light refreshments will be served. Register online at www.businessinsanbenito.com
Participating business resource experts include:
- California Employment Training Panel (ETP)- Providing employers funding for job skills training for frontline, incumbent workers in companies challenged by out-of-state competition www.etp.ca.gov
- America’s Job Center- Easy, one-stop access to the state’s employment-related services, helping employers find qualified workers and job seekers find good jobs- posting job openings and recruiting candidates. Job seekers can get assistance in assessing skills, finding job opportunities and training, prepping a résumé, and much more. http://www.sbcjobs.org www.caljobs.ca.gov
- Employment Development Department (EDD)- Supporting and connecting local communities with state programs involving unemployment insurance, disability insurance, payroll tax collection, and job training/workforce services http://www.edd.ca.gov
- Workforce Development Board of San Benito County- Providing employees, training programs and hiring incentives to area employers. http://www.sbcjobs.org/wib
- CSUMB Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC)- Providing entrepreneurs and small businesses with high quality education, consulting, support for innovation and tools necessary to build successful, sustainable businesses https://csumb.edu/sbdc
- El Pajaro Community Development Corporation- Promoting the development of micro-businesses by helping low-income minority entrepreneurs with instruction, bilingual/bicultural business training, business incubation, professional consulting and coaching. http://www.elpajarocdc.org
- Gavilan College- Community Education, Contract Training & Business Resources- Business and career training courses (business, management, accounting, IT and software development and more) on campus and online http://www.gavilance.com
- AMBAG Energy Watch- Providing energy assessments and audits, equipment installation, efficiency programs, services and financing, PG&E programs and services. http://www.ambag.org/programs-services/energy-watch
- Recology San Benito County- Commercial waste reduction and recycling programs www.recologysanbenitocounty.com
- Water Resources Association of San Benito County- Water conservation tips, resources, rebates and programs http://www.wrasbc.org
- San Benito County Integrated Waste Department- Waste disposal, diversion, hazardous waste and landfill management http://www.cosb.us/county-departments/integrated-waste-management
- Monterey Bay Green Business Program- Providing promotion, incentive and assistance programs to businesses to help conserve energy and water, minimize waste, prevent pollution and shrink their carbon footprint http://montereybaygreenbusiness.org
- Monterey Bay Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)- Providing counseling and education for businesses to help procure, compete, and win government contracts free and easily http://montereybayptac.org
- California Coastal Rural Development Corporation- Servicing the financial needs of small businesses and farmers, providing direct loans and loan guarantees. http://www.calcoastal.org
- Fresno Community Development Financial Institution- Providing small business loan funds to grow businesses and jobs in underserved communities. https://fresnocdfi.com
- Monterey Bay International Trade Association- Providing trade promotion services to the California, U.S. and foreign country business communities. http://www.mbita.org
- Hollister Downtown Association- Working hard to create a vital downtown district through beautification programs and community events, ensuring that downtown Hollister becomes an economic, cultural, educational, governmental, and social center that respects that past, present and future through its blending of people, places, and possibilities. http://www.downtownhollister.org
- San Benito County Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau – Promoting local businesses and our community, benefits and resources to support member businesses for a strong community and regional economy, civic, cultural and educational climate. http://sanbenitocountychamber.com
- Economic Development Corporation of San Benito County- Supporting business growth and investment and strengthening the local economy in San Benito county. http://edcsanbenito.org
- San Benito County Business Council- Promoting policies and practices that provide outstanding pro-business legislative and local policy; facilitating intergovernmental cooperation, collaboration & consolidation; supporting, expanding and enhancing the local job base; and promoting community wellness sustainability. www.sbcbusinesscouncil.com
- San Juan Committee- Promoting economic vitality while maintaining the charm and history of San Juan Bautista. http://www.sanjuancommittee.com
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Central Coast- Promoting and supporting the success of Hispanic businesses in the Central Coast. https://www.facebook.com/hispanicchambercc/
Are you at risk for downsizing, considering layoffs?
The San Benito County Workforce Development Board has launched a Rapid Response and Lay-Off Aversion program. Community outreach representatives are in the process of conducting extensive outreach to the business community in order to identify those companies that may be at risk of significant workforce reductions and layoffs and to provide information to businesses regarding resources and tools available to assist them in maintaining and strengthening and growing their employee bases. Companies that are at risk will receive counseling and resources to avoid layoffs or closure.
“At Your Service” Business Owner Survey
All businesses in San Benito County are encouraged to participate in an “At Your Service” survey to assist in improving access to resources and programs for local businesses, to identify immediate solutions to help business owners and managers as well as to improve and enhance services. Surveys are available in English and Spanish and may be accessed online via www.businessinsanbenito.com or conducted in person, on site by contacting Kristina at 8315240408 or [email protected] Businesses who complete surveys are placed in a drawing to be eligible to receive 5 hours of complimentary marketing and public relations consulting services.
Get connected- complete our survey and register for the event today:
Contact: Kristina Chavez Wyatt