The Hollister Police Department this week announced the formation of a new Police Explorer Post.
On Feb. 17 at 6:30 p.m., there will be an initial, informational meeting for parents and interested youth at Hollister Police Department, located at 395 Apollo Ct. in Hollister. The program is open to youth ages 14-20 who are interested in a career in law enforcement.
The minimum requirements for law enforcement exploring are:
- Be at least 14 years old, and not more than 20 years at the time of application.
- Have graduated from the 8th grade.
- Be free of any criminal conviction. Persons on probation or parole are not eligible.
- Have the ability to pass a background check.
- Maintain a "C" (2.0 GPA) in all classes.
- Have the ability to volunteer approximately 10 hours per month at the police department.
- Have a willingness to be involved in the community.
- Possess the desire to have fun.
Interested parties can email questions/inquiries to [email protected] call (831) 638-4156