This article was contributed by Devii Rao, livestock and natural resources advisor for the University of California Cooperative Extension.
Interested in learning how to ranch for profit? There’s a workshop set for Sept. 25 that will cover the topic.
We were lucky enough to get Dave Pratt, owner of Ranch Management Consultants, to come talk to local producers about tools that can help increase effectiveness, reduce stress and create business success. Additional speakers will include Pam Krone and Devii Rao.
The workshop will take place from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Moss Landing Marine Lab, located at 8272 Moss Landing Road in Moss Landing. There will be an afternoon field tour at Monkeyflower Ranch. Cost to attend is $40 that includes lunch (scholarships available). Registration deadline is Sept. 19.
Workshop topics will include:
- Transforming your ranch into a sustainable business
- Three secrets for increasing profit
- Using cell grazing to increase profit and improve rangeland in California
- Local cost and revenue study
- Soil improvement and carbon sequestration through conservation practices
- Monkeyflower Ranch Business Planning and Farm Tour
To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (831) 647-4238
For additional information, check out the flyer: https://ucanr.edu/blogs/LNRBlog/blogfiles/62442.pdf