This article was contributed by Daniela Pfuetzenreiter, executive assistant of the San Benito County Association of Realtors.
The San Benito County Association of Realtors (SBCAOR) is proud to inform the community of a Housing Affordability Grant that the association has requested from the California Association of Realtors House Affordability Fund.
SBCAOR applied for a grant of $50,000, which could give around 33 first time homebuyers the opportunity to apply for up to $1,5000 toward any reoccurring or non-reoccurring closing costs. Though the association has not received the grant yet, it is scheduled to be reviewed and possibly approved during California Association of Realtors business meetings from May 1-4.
“The grant is intended to help with the cost for first time home buyers,” said Maricela Ramirez, association executive with SBCAOR. “As San Benito County Realtors, we know it is often difficult for first time home buyers to qualify in our market, and we understand that closing costs can create an additional financial burden. It is our goal to incentivize first time home buyers, by giving them this opportunity toward a successful home purchase experience.”
The grant project was introduced during the March 12 meeting of the San Benito County Association of Realtors Board of Directors by Stephanie Hicks, with Intero Real Estate Services and SBCAOR member.
SBCAOR President Tony LoBue received the idea with great enthusiasm.
“Our association strives to help the community of San Benito County, and this grant will make housing more affordable in our county,” LoBue said. “Everyone in San Benito County can apply once the grant is approved”.
Below is information for the California Association of Realtors Housing Affordability Grant program for SBCAOR members:
- For first time home buyers and/or active military/veterans
- Up to $1,500 toward any reoccurring or non-reoccurring Closing Costs (Monies to be revocable where possible)
- Checks made out to vendor or Escrow Company directly
- Application on Association website
- Applicant must be represented by an SBCAOR member in good standing as their buying agent
- Partner with SBCAOR Affiliates to match funds to administer this program (monetary or in-kind)
- Must purchase a property within San Benito County
For more information, contact the San Benito County Association of Realtors at (831) 636-4605 or email email@example.com.