San Benito High School Superintendent John Perales has put out the call to parents and community members to volunteer for the Measure G Citizens’ Oversight Committee, which will help oversee the expenditure of $42.5 million in bond funds approved 56 percent to 43 percent in the June primary election.
Here are the descriptors of the community members needed as members of this committee:
* One member shall be active in a business organization representing the business community located within the San Benito High School District;
* One member shall be active in a senior citizens’ organization – local, regional, statewide or national organization;
* One member shall be active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization – local, regional, statewide or national organization;
* One member shall be the parent or guardian of a child currently enrolled in the San Benito High School District;
* One member shall be both a parent or guardian of a SBHS student and an active member of the school parent club/PTA or Schoolsite Council.
“We need seven members for this committee and one or two of the above member descriptors can be represented,” Perales said. “Applications for consideration are available on our district website or can be picked up in the Office of the Superintendent located on the high school campus (1220 Monterey St. in Hollister). Please consider being a part of this very important committee and work.”
Applications are due to the superintendent’s office, by 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 13. They an also be emailed directly to Perales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The oversight committee will inform the public by written report at least once a year about the expenditure of bond funds. For specifics on the committee’s responsibilities, click here.