The Hollister Downtown Association announced the winners of our 29th Annual Street Festival, Car Show and Chili Cook Off held on Saturday, July 18.
The Best of Show winner is a 1932 Ford Sedan owned by Joanne Berti of Pacific Grove. (This vehicle will be featured in next year’s marketing.)
Other awards were:
- Best Antique: 1930 Ford Model A owned by Randy Griffith of Hollister.
- Best Pick Up: 1955 Chevrolet half ton owned by Jim Basinger of Paso Robles.
- Best Vintage: 1957 Plymouth Belvedere owned by Ron Van Soosten of Salinas.
- Best Custom-Modified: 1949 Mercury Coupe owned by Larry Blevins of Prunedale.
- Best Classic: 1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7 owned by Bryan Friend of Hollister.
- Best Modern: 1984 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d’Elegance owned by Steve Caposio of Morgan Hill.
- Best Muscle: 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner owned by Dave Painter of Hollister. Best Corvette (Mike Cunningham Honorary): 1963Chevrolet Corvette Roadster, owned by Mary Pellissier of Hollister.
- Best Low Rider Car: 1938 Chevrolet Custom owned by Sergio Torres of Prunedale.
- Best Mustang (Johnnie Marfia Memorial): 2014 Ford Mustang owned by Armand Mesa of Hollister.
- Best Paint: 1934 Chevrolet Phantom owned by Raymond Barba of Paso Robles.
- Martha de la Rosa Memorial: 1964 Chevrolet Impala Convertible owned by Gabino Vargas of Hollister.
- Longest Distance Traveled: 1931 Ford A-slant window owned by William Rice of Peyton, CO.
- Car Club with the most participation is Nor Cal B-Bodies of Hollister.
- People’s Choice: 1955 Chevrolet half ton owned by Jim Basinger of Paso Robles.
Chili Cook-Off winners were:
- Best Decorated Booth: Hollister Fire
- Best Chili: 1st Place Cal Fire (Santa Clara Unit), 2nd Place: SBC Sheriff’sOffice, 3rd Place: Hollister Fire. People’s Choice Best Chili: Hollister Fire
The HDA thanks its event sponsors: City of Hollister, PG & E, Corbin, Union Bank, KSBW/ABC Central Coast, Hollister Free Lance, SBCRecology, Autoworks, Swank Farms, Tiffany Motor Company, Phil Foster Farms – Pinnacle Organic, The Farm at Bertuccio’s, Golden Memorial Insurance, Fastenal, RGN Productions, C&N Tractors and Hagerty Classic Car Insurance.
Trophy sponsors: Bill’s Bullpen, Hollister Collision Center, Pulido’s Overhead Door, Hogue Bros. Collision Center, Dennis’ Body Shop,The Pivetti Company, Hollister Auto Parts, Harry’s Auto Signs, San Benito Tire, Truck & SUV Parts Warehouse, Bianchi, Kasavan &Pope, LLP, Precision Auto Glass, Calvista Insurance Agency, Automotive Color, John Marfia, Sr. and Noel Provost.