The Hollister Downtown Association (HDA) announced the winners of the 31st Annual Street Festival and Car Show, which was held downtown on Saturday, July 15.
The Best of Show winner was a black and red 1956 Chevy Bel Air owned by Carl Gillihan of Escalon, Calif. This vehicle will be featured on next year’s event shirt, poster and flyers.
- Best Antique: 1928 Ford Roadster owned by John Lipori of Marina.
- Best Pick Up: 1953 Chevy pickup owned by Santiago Esparza of Soledad.
- Best Vintage: 1957 Chevy Bel Air owned by Dean Hudson of Gilroy.
- Best Custom-Modified: 1937 Chevy Woody owned by Richard Harris of San Jose.
- Best Classic: 1961 Chevy Impala Flat Top owned by Fred & Suzanne Hall of Monterey.
- Best Modern: 2017 Chevy Camaro COPO owned by Hal Himenes of Hollister.
- Best Muscle: 1970 Oldsmobile 442 owned by Mike Neal of Gilroy.
- Best Corvette (Mike Cunningham Memorial): 1965 Corvette owned by Tony Torres of Salinas.
- Best Low Rider: 1958 Chevy Impala owned by Gabino Varga of Hollister.
- Best Mustang (John Marfia, Jr. Memorial): 1967 Ford Mustang GT500 owned by Les Stuart of Morgan Hill.
- Best Paint: 1957 Chevrolet Cameo pickup owned David Grimsley of Tres Pinos.
- Longest Distance Traveled: 1931 Ford Slant Window owned by William Rice of Peyton, Colo.
- Car Club with the most participation is Central Coast Muscle Car Classic of Hollister.
- People’s Choice: 1967 Ford Mustang GT500 owned by Les Stuart of Morgan Hill.
Due to the wildfires in California, the Firefighters Local Union 3395 had to cancel the chili cook-off this year.