This article was contributed by Hollister FFA.

One of Hollister FFA’s biggest occasions is approaching, our annual Ag Mechanics Auction dinner and dance. Tickets are no longer available for the event but the auction is Saturday, April 28 and includes a steak dinner, a silent auction, live auction, and fun dancing after. 

The auction location has changed this year and it will be held at Bolado Park Events Center. 

Students in Mr. Joseph Martin’s Advanced Shop class have the opportunity to design, fabricate, and then auction off their projects. For the live auction items, 90 percent of the profits made will go to the student who fabricated it, while the remaining 10 percent go back to the program for providing workspace, materials, etc. For the silent auction items. as well as the tickets, all the proceeds goes back to the San Benito High School Agricultural Program. As well as the live auction, we also have a silent auction which includes gift certificates, baked goods, and locally made products here in San Benito County.

Simply, our goal for this is to help bring our community together and showcase the amazing skills students learn through the SBHS agricultural program.