“Kids at the Park,” a day full of food, excitement and fun will be held at Dunne Park in Hollister on Wednesday, June 22. A total of 12 bicycles will be given away to local youth at the 23rd annual event, which has a theme of “Healthy Kids for a Healthy Community.”
Starting at 9:00 a.m., there will be a DJ performing, while registration will open in front of the Dunne Park Clubhouse at 9:45 a.m. The event is free and has been organized by Safe Kids California, San Benito Partners.
Families coming to enjoy the day are invited to bike to Dunne Park, where bicycle parking, helmet fittings, bike repairs and registration will be available. Shifty Cycles will have a tent set up and you can bring your bike by if it needs a little work.
Of the 12 bikes to be given away, six of them will be donated by the Hollister Police Department specifically for 6- to 9-year-olds. There will also be raffle prizes given out.
Healthy snacks will be provided to youth 18 years old and under. The free lunch and milk was provided through a Hollister School District grant.
There will be entertainment throughout the program, which is planned to go until 2 p.m. Joe Fata will be singing between 11 a.m. and noon, and teen hip hop singer and song writer, Zyllah, will be performing some of her own songs as well as the La Voz Kids.
Dunne Park is located at West and Seventh streets in Hollister. There will be a brief moment of silence for the event founder, Janet Graham., who lost her life due to a traffic accident. Guests will be asked to turn their attention to the main stage in her memory and to the memory all the children in the community who have lost their lives due to accidents of all types.
- 9 a.m. DJ performs as people arrive
- 10:15 a.m. O.pening ceremonies with San Benito County Supervisor Margie Barrios. Raffle drawing No. 1
- 10:30 a.m. Zumba dancing
- 11:15-11:45 a.m Raffle drawing No. 2. Joe Fata performs
- Noon Moment of silence for event founder Janet Graham
- 12:30 p.m. Zyllah will perform and there will be raffle drawing No. 3
- 12:45 p.m. Announcements of upcoming community events
- 1 p.m. Registration ends; raffle drawing No. 4
- 1:30 p.m. Grand prize drawings
- 2 p.m. Thank you to all volunteers and Kids at the Park staff
For more information, call (831) 636-4390.